Johanna Mead's Resume
Writer, Administrative Coordinator, Facilitator of Various Tasks
Via my office career and many years' volunteer experience in various hospitality and convention settings, I have acquired the following skills and knowledge:
- Customer Service: I have run guest registration and hospitality for events with 600 - 800 attendees. As the first person encountered at the event, it often falls to me to answer questions and resolve complaints, along with all of my other duties.
- Team Management and Cooperation: Herding cats is nothing in comparison to trying to get a team of volunteers to remain committed to a project, especially as a major deadline looms.
- Poise: Including how to maintain a happy persona shortly after discovering tech moved the backdrop and I've fallen off the stage in front of 2,000 people.
- Charm and Verve: Making a thousand individuals believe that they, individually, are the one person I hoped to see, and that doing so has made my day.
- Office Wizardry: I am an intermediate-to-advanced user of many desktop applications, including the entire MS Office suite and Adobe Photoshop. During my time as an office manager, I have minuted high-level meetings, handled office inventories, and created documents from departmental procedures to announcements for the monthly potluck lunch.
Administrative & Executive Assistant
Over ten years' experience.
Event & Hospitality Coordinator
Experiences accumulated via a decade of volunteering.
Breadth and depth. Including a contribution to the winner of the 2011 Hugo Award for Best Related Work.
From crewing independent films, to helping manage media startups, I've been there.